Saturday, 27 October 2007

Roundup

This is a really cool idea that I discovered on this blog, (press title above) and it makes for an instant prompt to capture the month past and reflect.
So to start:
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Have begun reading SimpleAbundance again which is really nice, adn of course, a preponderance of scrapbooking/craft magazines adn books. Am yearning for a novel to read - hopefully "A Thousand Splendid Suns" Khaled Hosseini's 2nd.

What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?
Doodlebops, Little Einsteins, Playschool, Bob the Builder, NumberJacks, basically anytthing on Nick Jr or Playhouse Disney.............lol. Oh,.. and earlier I did wathc "Epic Movie", with Dean on Fox Box Office, which was so LAME!!!

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Xandy's move to senior kindy at childcare - yes he is my little boy getting bigger, but will always be my baby ...xoxo
Oh..and Dean having a successful trip to Sydney for work, for the day, going on NO sleep (and I literally mean NONE!! And coming home safely.

What gifts did I give or receive?
after said trip, Dean gave me 2 beautiful rings - a peridot w/diamonds and a citrine w/ diamonds. Enough said!! I also received a glorious bunch of garden roses from my bro and sis in law's, which lasted for ages, and fiulled the back with the most wonderful perfume!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Oh...the usual PMS...lol and also saying goodbye to my 2 wisdom teeth - ouch (see previous post re poor me poor me)

What fun things did I do with my friends/family?
having a sleepover at Sharon and Michael's, with the kids!! - I felt like a kid again!
givign lots of tickles
going to the park just before dusk with the fam - the most beautiful time of day at the mo'

what new foods/recipes/restaurants did I try?
Re-visited The Chocolate Bean with Ellie - soooo yummy - especially the Chocolate Soup, and Lavender truffles. Sandra's pea and ham soup was yummo and just what I needed post teeth extraction. Had way too much yoghurt/dairy!

what special or unsusal purchases did i make ?
ummm scrapbooking alterable stuff!!! I bought my first kit from Tarisota Collections ad can't wait to play. Also tinkered around a fabulous and cheap 2nd hand shop at Magill (ssshhh don't tell anyone!!) and bought an old fashioned leather suitcase for $25!!!; some old photos, and old Womens Weekly special from the '50's on Etiquette, for a laff; and and probably the most unusual, a scroll of music that is placed in a pianola (don't know the name) that I want to alter and decorate ala Somerset Studio mag's latest issue.

what were this months disappoiuntments?
Not being able to finish the Chocolate Soup at the The Choclate Bean! Still not gettign the hallway cleared. the time it is taking to get things organised (will probably say this every month!!) the amount of grass seeds the poodles are getting in their fur!

what were my accomplishments this month?
A mini album about my jewellery, prompted by my new rings!!
More layouts, including non-photo ones.
Applications for various design teams - not finished yet!!
A mini album still in progress about my journey with depression.
Made 30 cards for the Pink Card Drive who will donate them to hospitals to give t o women being treated for breast cancer


anything else noteworthy to record?
4 weeks until Xandys 3rd birthday, and then another 4 weeks until Xmas - yikes!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...