Friday, 29 February 2008

Leap Day Catchup Part 1



29th February....every 4 years...hopefully I will blog a little more frequently than what I have been!

And so on with the summary

I enjoyed cooking this with Sharon at her place - good ol' spag bol, and we actually had a good catch up for once, and discussed some plans whilst Michael and Dad are away, as well as some digital scrapping knowhow with PSE6.0.


We said goodbye to M & D at the airport on Monday morning, and will see them in a month when they return from Nepal - they are trekking to Everest Base Camp and Gyoto Lakes.







I have been busy getting Ellie (and all of us!!) prepared for school, when she begins next term. This has involved lots of coordinating, psychologist reports, educating people about Selective mutism (read more about it at http://www.selectivemutism.org/ )meetings, phone calls back and forth to ensure as smooth a transition as possible - sounds like what I used to get paid for!
I have really appreciated everybody's support with this, and could not have asked for better support and guidance from her kindy or childcare :)

She had her first regular transition visit this morning and was very anxious but once there, had a great time from all accounts. Her teacher and the principal have been extremely positive and supportive, and I look forward to getting to know them and the school community further.

It is sad to think that kindy will be over for her at the end of term, and her child care, which she loves and flourishes in. I am continually delighted at the things she brings home from there, including these 3 mixed media artworks (lol) we have displayed on our 'gallery' inthe kitchen:




I recently purchased a fantastic book called "Scraptastic" by Ashley Calder and have been very influenced by her arty/freestyle approach to scrapping. I have loved just playing with paint, different textures, fabric anything really, but most of all I have 'discovered' watercolours and am delighted at the effect they can have.

And now for some layouts:

I did my first cybercrop/challenge last night over at ScrapTherapy, and this is what I came up with. It was fun and look forward to participating in more.
I scrapped this on the day of the meeting at kindy with school staff, as a release and I feel more relaxed because of it.


These are just some samples from my watercolour book that I have used to play with when inspired.
Ok.....enough for now - I will be back to post some more layouts and also my first art journal (of sorts).






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...