Wednesday, 2 April 2008

The Design Experiment Challenge #3

click on the title to link to the challenge blog
This is a relatively new challenge blog that sounds really cool, with the focus on the story/journalling.
Here is my challenge for "When I Grow Up I Want To Be..."
I decided to do 8" x8" layout - I like this size. I used a school photo of me when I was 6 (Reception/Grade1) at Magill JuniorPrimarySchool - gotta love the bottle green and gold uniform!!

Journalling is tiny so here it is:
When I was young, I wanted to be a hairdresser {I loved long hair}…and then a teacher once I began school {I loved my teacher…oh and my parents happened to be teachers too}
When I was a teenager I loved babies & young children and I wanted to be kindy teacher.
During secondary school I had no clue…I just couldn’t get passionate about anything. I loved singing in the choir, and playing my flute in the orchestra, but that a career would not make. I loved learning French and my favourite subject was English. Mum suggested Speech Pathology as it was a nice mix of humanities and sciences. Upon investigation I thought it would be ok, but never thought I’d get into the course at Uni. But I did. Little did I know that it would take a gruelling 4 years of Uni to get the degree for a job that (I think) was grossly underpaid & the work would involve some very ‘yuk’ things – such as oral assessments, swallowing problems and throat cancers etc. I was a Speech Pathologist for 11 ½ years.
Now, I am a SAHM and work with Dean doing various admin processing tasks whilst also providing support for him to build up the business – and it suits me…for now. Once both kids are at school, a whole new world may open up for me?
My ultimate job now “when I grow up”?? – something creative – Scrapbooking/artist/writer/designer.
For now, I feel very grateful that I can enjoy watching my beautiful children grow and I can develop more of my creative side. Although there is no pay packet as such, the rewards are great.
My supplies include:
cardstock: Crate Paper
Patterned Paper: Cloud9Design
Letters: K&Co; and Doodlebug rubons
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Wendy Reed said...

HI!

I am Wendy from the DesignX blog. Don't forget to post a link to your layout in the comments of our challenge 3! :) I don't want you to miss on a chance to win.

Smiles,
Wendy

The Design Experiment said...

ditto what wendy said:

Love your layout!!!

Hugs!
Emily

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...