Sunday, 20 July 2008

and there's more

A bit of paper piecing and layering(although the photo doesn't really show it) - and a way to use up my old CM stickers (ivy in the lettering)

I have become a big admirer of Ashley Calder's style and her book Scraptastic! is one I turn to again and again. This layout was influenced by her more recent layouts. I quite like the colour combo's and altho' the photo doesn't show it, I sprayed the white letter stickers & journalling strips with twinkling H2O's for a shimmery blue effect.
I found this postcard of Circe Invidiosa by JW Waterhouse in my bookshelf and decided to scrap it - one of my favourites. I love the gold-painted grungeboard against the green patterned paper. I also gave it a crackle effect.


I tried to replicate the old look of the name plaque thingy found at the bottom of paintings, by inking grungeboard then swiping gold paint across the top, and crackling to finish. Copper and gold letters by K & Company.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great layouts. The first wedding page is so colorful and I love all the details you added. Great projects.

debs said...

WOW Bel Just LOVE the LO's especially the Lush one. Awesome detail. Hope you can make it back up to the hills to catch up with the BB girls again, I hope to orgainize another day soon!! Oh I have a small plastic lunch box of yours that you left behind here too.
Trust all is well with you
Hugs from Debs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...