Friday, 17 October 2008

Ventures near and far


I feel the need for a tropical holiday.....so the next best thing? - Scrap one, albeit one that was 11 years ago!! Just a quick layout of our stay at Yeppoon following my brother's wedding at Rockhampton.
Speaking of holidays....I have had these photos since '93, when I was living in France and travelled to Turkey for a brief holiday with some other French people. The journalling was very 'stream of consciousness'...lol & is thus hard to read. I first bought the Basic Grey 'Boxer' range because the patterns were so reminiscent of Islamic tiles & Turkey. I adapted the letter stickers in this fabulous font by Dove of the East to suit the colours, and the title comes from the 'They Might Be Giants song "Istanbul not Constantinople - which I played for my kids on YouTube & they now love it as much as I do!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...