Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Scrap Pile Layouts & Card !!

I had a great time using my DT September kit from Scrap Pile, which featured the gorgeous G.C.D.Studios "Paris Nights" line of papers, some different coloured mesh, some "Bella" journalling tags and some of the new Stickles colours. I thought the shimmery off-black paper suited the amazing signage outside the NGV, of the Dali exhibition called "Liquid Desire" that I saw a couple of weeks ago. I have always loved the combination of black, red and white. This layout tries to capture some of the symbolism that features in Dali's works, including the ants (a photo silhouetted and raised with foam dots), the red lips (an old MAking Memories foam stamp), and the red roses highlighted with Xmas Red Stickles glitter for all things Spanish - ole! The red mesh was the perfect photo mat - messy & tactile!

These papers were the perfect fit for a subject I always love to scrap about - my adventures in Paris in 1993 when I lived in France. I have always loved these photos of the HUGE French flag suspended in the Arc de Triomphe on Bastille Day, and they were the splash of colour the layout needed to contrast with the subdued vintage colours of the paper. The fleur de lys, a favourite personal French symbol, featured with some old rubons and a chipboard fleur covered in bronze crackle paint.

And finally, I made a card with other products from my kit, including the gorgeous Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock, some black mesh, red polkadot ribbon and a couple of journalling tags from "Bella". I still have heaps of product left over so I hope to make another few cards plus a layout or 2 with what remains!
Thanks for looking ;-)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...