Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Abundantias Gold Projects

I thought I'd share some of the projects I have made whilst attending weekly "Not So Shabby" classes at Abundantias Gold - a little gift to myself that allows me some serious time out from this crazy life. ( Here's a plug - Great value at only $10 - you get a cuppa and a yummy cupcake plus all materials for the project plus 1 1/2 hours of YOU time!!!)
I have met some lovely people there and I love the shop - Simone always has new gorgeous products whenever I visit  - if only the budget would allow for more spontaneous splurges!!
This was the first project I did with - a nifty little mini album using just 1 sheet of gorgeous Graphic 45 paper, and distress-embossed grungeboard (key and keyhole), plus a couple of embossed/inked cardstock tags. I loved the idea of this so decided to make a mini album for Alexander about his last days of kindy last year. I used Basic Grey's Boxer paper with a dash of Cherry Arte paper thrown in and some twill. Photos below (I chose to add photos to the tags rather than just quotes........


The little seahorse matchbox was another using Graphic 45 papers - I LOVE seahorses. It has stamped acetate wings - not sure about these - after all they don't need wings to 'fly' inthe water (lol!!), but I learnt lots of new techniques so I had fun!
And lastly, probably my favourite project thus far:
A gorgeous little 'treasure chest'/keepsake box that uses beautiful new My Minds Eye papers, punchies, and a little bit of bling. I know its really girly, but I liked it!! and Ellie wanted to make one as soon as she saw it. I could see myself doing party boxes like these for her party.....in a dream.......a bit too much work atm I think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...