Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Easter Cards!

I didn't think I would do Easter cards this year, but I saw these gorgeous Easter papers at Abundantias Gold from Karen Foster, and had to have them - they are different from the usual cutesy/bright pastels I see too much of, and they had the perfect vintage touch that I really like atm.
So off I went planning fairly simple cards on Sunday night whilst watching TV, and then managed to complete most of them yesterday!
Here are some of them:
I used cardboard to cut out the eggs and a cute little stamp I had forgotten about for the nests (can't remember where it came from?!),. plus one of my fav's at the moment  - good ol' twine for $2 at the cheap shop!

I just handstamped the nests on some cardstock, and combined it with some old brown Collage Press paper (left card) and for the right card I used my circle punches to piece the bunny together and then mounted it as per chick card below.
I decided that I liked my nest stamps so much I used different coloured inks in "Easter-y colours" to make my own patterned paper, and it was a good excuse to use some lush velvet ribbon that matched exactly (left) and (right) I stamped and cut out the little chick  - stamp from Imaginisce , and mounted it on some of the new Karen Foster paper and some old graph paper I salvaged from the Salvo's!

Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...