Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Some updates

How I love these crisp autumn mornings!!! I had great pleasure in sitting outside taking photos of some of my latest stuff which you can see below, smelling my basil that is growing (still) in a pot, and listening to the parrots.......Did I say I love autumn????

I have long been an admirer of Christine Middlecamp's gorgeous work - I just LOVE the detail she has on each layout, and yet the overall design is always crisp with plenty of white space...I also love the way she uses colour.....and layers her embellishments...I could go on...lol. But I was really taken by this little technique she posted a couple of weeks back on paper pleating - and was inspired to use it on several layouts.


Pleating can be seen in this closeup below:

"Handmade Dreads" - A busy kind of layout for sure, but I loved the colours of the Cosmo Cricket paper mixed with old 7Gypsies...mixed with some Hambly...old K&Co chipboard..I love to mix it up. The closeup of the paper 'pleats' can be seen above - I used some old book paper for a subtle effect.

And below, I tried using some vintage atlas paper, which was also kind of funky, for this daggy but fun photo of Alexander:



Dunno if I go for the paper-pieced frog really - -or the design of the whole thing, but it tells the story and that is what is important!

















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...