Saturday, 10 April 2010

Abundantias Gold Challenge of the month

I have decided to get off my b***tt and join in the challenges offered by Abundantias Gold. This month is to make anything (layout/card/ATC) using glimmer mist and/or distress inks. Here are my 2 takes - yes 2, I didn't like the 1st one so much so I decided to do another one.......
"Portrait of a Young Man" gave me a chance to use some of my black cardstock - seem to have LOTS of this and not much other!!!, some dearly loved - never-to-forgotten Scenic Route patterned paper, and some stars that were cut from the slice and glimmer-misted/inked using Black Soot around the edges. Glimmer Mist colours were a combo of: Honey Dew Mist and Forest Green, and Passion Red and Tiger lily. The green stars were also inked with Peeled Paint Distress ink to match the more olive/lime tones of the patterned paper. I also inked smooth bright white cardstock in Antique Linen fo rthe journalling strips to match the creams inthe paper.
This closeup shows the photo that was distressed/sanded and then innked in peeled paint, and tried to show the glimmer of the stars but maybe not so successfully with this overcast weather we have been having!

I have now been forgiven by my daughter for using her special piece of Prima butterfly paper, only if we bought her another piece...lol!!
The photo isn't that great but I just loved the paper and wanted to cut little butterflies out of it. It was also an excuse for me to use up some of my older Prima flowers which have been sitting around (!!! - I love to look at them but rarely do I use them). A whole mix here. I used  Tiger Lily Glimmer mist and the copper colour to mist a large doily which I then cut and layered to the left. The journalling was written and typed entirely by Ellie and printed out, then inked lots in peeled paint and black.
and a close-up.....

Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

kathie said...

Challenges are a great inspiration, aren't they! I just cannot use black cardstock, so I'm in admiration at what you did with the first layout. the second one is just girly perfection. Love the softness of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...