Sunday, 18 April 2010

The Colour Room !!!

To the right of this post, you will see a very pretty blinkie of the newest place of inspiration around that has so much goodness and talent within its cyber-walls that it has quickly made it to my favourite places to visit!!
I was too slow to make use of their first Colour Palette, but the infamous Adelaide earthquake inspired me to make a layout using the 2nd palette - a gorgeous combinations of browns, cream and blue.



I cut apart the Kraft cardstock and then distressed the edges to mimic a graph and placed vintage graph paper on the background. I used a combination of crackle paints and blue ink for the edges of the layout. I also played around with my alcohol inks to create a background upon which I placed a transfer of the news report/map sourced from the internet. The colours used included espresso, stonewash and latte. Some older Basic Grey alpha stickers and an assortment of older 7 Gypsies rubons made their way onto the page, and even my good ol' decorative scissors!!!!! LOL Very grungy, but then earthquakes aren't really 'pretty' or 'nice' are they?? ;)

Go here now to look at lots of beautiful stuff!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...