Sunday, 18 April 2010

Spring (Autumn) Cleaning!!!

Well it all started with me sorting out my pile of chipboard which was being sadly neglected in my wooden pigeon holes. As can be seen here in the photo, I didn't realise i had so much!! The whole process was great as it really made me review what I had and inspired me to use it more, and now I know where everything is. But........as with many things, once you start sorting and organising one thing, it moves on to other things, and this soon became a bigger-than-Ben-Hur project which took pretty much ALL of last weekend. Patterned paper, scraps, inks, colourants, stamps, templates, rubons, flowers, buttons blah blah.....But now it is done. And it is sorted.......(sort of). Now to find some extended time to create before I forget what I 'found' in the process!!!

I have managed to do a couple of layouts and am really looking forward to some kid-free time once school goes back next week.
"So Glad" was an excuse to use some very old monogram alphas from Daisy D's (how I miss their stuff!!) and SEI and various other chipboardy pieces from Scenic Route (alas another company I miss!!) The colours just turned out to be quite autumnal!!

"Your smile makes my heart sing" above was inspired by the quote from Cosmo Cricket  (can't remember which line)- I have tonnes of these type of products, but rarely do I use them!!!. So many photos of Alexander have red and blue in them because he is inevitable wearing some Crows gear, so I decided to use up some of my BG paper and then had fun embossing some cardboard with hearts using my Cuttlebug, then which I then inked. I decided to tone down the very LOUD tartan ...lol....by cutting the dark blue Bazzill into a bracket and placing over the top of the patterned paper. The bracket pattern was repeated in the embossed chipboard and in the "a"  at top right. Not so great design but I had fun with the embossing!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...