Sunday, 30 January 2011

{A Short Guide To } Limited Vision? - challenge 3 at SFTIO

{A Short Guide To} Limited Vision ?









Journalling: My depression was diagnosed post-natally in 2006. Paradoxically it limited my vision but also forced me to examine my world more deeply. It takes the form of overwhelm, cluttered, limiting thoughts, inability to prioritise thoughts & tasks - & this, of course, causes my anxiety to increase. But, it reminds me to reflect, take time to breather, re-set my inner compass, choose how I will behave & respond. It is my personal looking glass that has actually made me stronger. It is my reinforced lense through which I see my life & gain persepctive.
I had no idea how this layout would end up, but I actually quite like it - I used the mask on the reverse of the Kaisercraft paper, & had lots of fun playing with fdifferent elements, including the vellum, that I used to make the photo of me out of focus - the monocle making my eye the clearer.

I had great fun with some new stamps I got from 7 Gypsies & just stamped away in pumpkin stazon ink on the top left side - I thought a lot were appropriate to my page - & inked over them with white to soften/blur them.

Non-kit items were: string, Stazon ink, 7 Gypsies stamps, distress stickles on the vellum butterflies & resist butterfly.

4 comments:

kathie said...

Great page Belinda!

Trish said...

A Fantastic LO about a very much maligned problem...it turned out fantastic ,and am pleased you can look ahead....i know all about depression

Kylie said...

Great layout...so creative

Kerryn said...

LOVE this layout Belinda!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...