Thursday, 3 February 2011

Love is in the Air....at Scrapmatts!

Everywhere I look Around
Love is in the Air
Every Sight & Every Sound.........sorry....now you will have that song in your head all day, but I thought it would be a nice romantic way to kick off my February post on, you guessed it, lurve, romance & all that stuff....oh & a bit of school ;)
Here are my projects...in no particular order.....
Valentines/Heart Card – 6” card





Love To Do list – 8.5x11” (A4) layout







This layout came about as I was perusing my bookshelf & happened upon a book called “The Lover’s Little Instruction Book” – which I forgot I had, & it was a gift from my mother-in-law…lol. Anyway, it had some interesting content, some of which was a “To do List for everyday” which I have used here. It was also a chance to use some of my older stash, including the patterned paper & days of the week notelets.

Love was Blooming – 12” layout







Call it coincidence, but as I was thinking of the projects for this month, I found this old polaroid photo taken by my friend of my husband & I on the actual night we met – at said friend’s 21st party! Yes – she interrupted us while we were chatting each other up…lol! So I scanned these into the computer & reprinted them & voila – a layout about our instant attraction , just in time for Valentine’s Day. I used some of Tim Holtz’s seasonal papers & distressed & stitched them & printed the photos on matt white cardstock for a muted effect….oh….& I had run out of photo paper ;)

I am not normally a Valentine's/love-heart sort of person, but I really enjoyed using the new Scrapmatts lurve products - their versatility lends them to be used for many different themes including: love (of course), wedding/engagement, family, gardening (topiaries/love trees), Spring, friendship....what else can YOU come up with??
Divas Love French Perfume ATC/card topper – 6”card



Here is another way to use these versatile ATC shapes: they can be used for many more things than ATC’s! I find them great for journaling blocks or title blocks, or here I have used a combination of shapes as part of a card topper
and finally...........for many of us we have seen our children/grandchildren return to begin another school year. I made this layout prior to my kids starting but used last years' 'official' school photos on a layout about the upcoming year.

Back to School 12” layout








I had great fun this month!! If you visit the gallery, you may find more information on how I treated the Scrapmatts products, & their corresponding code so it can make your shopping over at the Scrapmatts shop easier!!





2 comments:

Creative Sofie said...

just gorgeous, just love the use colour..me like

Kerryn said...

Fantastic projects Belinda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...