Monday, 14 February 2011

Paper Inklings Layout 1 - Cuddly Koala

Morning all! Oh...& for those of you who celebrate - Happy Valentine's Day ;)
I have had a wonderful time playing with my gorgeous box of goodies from Paper Inklings and have created 2 layouts so far - both completely different. The first one was using the new "Concrete Jungle" range +some chipboard from the Australia line  - but I made a baby girl page from it!! I love challenging myself to use products for ways other than what was intended:


I used some tulle that I lightly inked in black for a very subtle effect. I used a silver mist for the 'frilly' loveheart chipboard + painted the mini loveheart pink then topped with stickles for some sparkle. I used one of the rubons from the Australia line "You are......" and placed it on a transparency, then mounted it within the chipboard.


2 Weeks ago I spent the weekend doing a MAJOR rearrangement of my scrapping stash (exhausting...I don't think I had done anything like it since before I got pregnant with Maddie!!)....& I found my stash of coloured flock!! So what better opportunity to use it than to make Paper Inkling's koala a cuddly fuzzy one?? Thus a hot pink flocked koala...lol..sitting in the loveheart tree, with nary a eucalyptus leaf to be seen lol. The blades of grass were made using my Martha Stewart "Grass" border punch - love this thing x
The photo above shows the texture on the white cardstock that I dry-brushed with hot pink paint after embossing with the fab Tim Holtz/Sizzix embossing folder - bricks - to matchy matchy the background Paper Inklings cardstock!



Another closeup showing a silvered heart, rub on and patterned paper strips all from the really super cool Paper Inklings "Concrete Jungle" range.
And in other exciting news, Paper Inkings now has a BLOG which will have all the latest + greatest creations from the design team and latest news from the company - go here, pay us a visit + become a follower!!
Coming right up, another layout, completely different from that above, again using the Concrete Jungle range from Paper Inklings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...