Tuesday, 28 June 2011

It's been a while!!!

...virtually a whole month since I last blogged...oops!! I have been trying to squeeze in some creative time along with work & an 11 month old who refuses to sleep more than 45 mins in the day - & only once at that...lol...grrrr.& who wakes 3-4 times a night with her cold & teething.
Anyway...on to some of the challenges I have completed for June.....
and first up is the 123 challenge - this month it is COLOUR: BROWN
WORD: CREATE
TECHNIQUE: USING TAPE - DECORATIVE/MASKING

this a non-photo page - a quote from Buddha!! "People CREATE distinctions out of their minds and then believe them to be true" - the story behind why I chose this quote is on the back of the layout.

I used a napkin that I semi-mod-podged to the cardstock, I used brown die cut paper from Basic Grey, & other browns from Crate Paper & MME - LOVE that Woodgrain paper, & I teamed it with turquoise - I like the combo. I also used some gorgeous Scrapmatts flourshes and wings that I painted with Twinking H2O's. I used some of Tim Holtz' decorative tape for the halo around Buddha and elsewhere, and also some brown & black striped sticky tape atthe bottom of the layout.



Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

AngC said...

LOVE your page! I think you must have been channeling July's challenge too... LOL. I hope your bub is starting to sleep better for you. I have a 9month old who has only just started sleeping through the last 2 nights and only has 2 half hour sleeps during the day (unless I'm laying down with her - then she can sleep for hours).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...