Monday, 4 July 2011

My Scrapmatts Love for July!! Gypsy Canvas Part 1

Oh how I LOVE Scrapmatts - I had soooo much fun this month with the generous goodies Sofie provided - take a look- but PLEASE go over to the scrapamtts ning site and goggle over the eye candy there  -pure  inspiration & talent!!!

I just LOVE the new Australian heritage/federation chippies - if only I could use them on my real (very old & dilapidated) house....lol - we need a door like that - & a front verandah......mmm more layout ideas!!!

I have a mixed bag for you this month! First up, I have been doing more art journalling/playing & mixed media lately so I used some of the new chippies on a reversed 12" canvas to make a 3D shadow-box - of- sorts- that is certainly not Australian federation - but Romany Gypsy!!...lol

I will describe the process on my blog in another post over the next coming days, but I used this magnificent front porch, painted it in tarnished brass crackle paint & inked it so it was 'worn' in some places. I also used crackle paint for the interior arch (upon which the bird sits), one of 'those' spiders from the Australian Federation Screen Doors 01...couldn't quite bring myself to paint a red back on it...lol. I gessoed a butterfly white then used smooch spritz & stickles (as seen in lower left of canvas)















2 comments:

Leanne J said...

wow.. wow.. and WOW....
that is amazing.. all the colours and all the product and it doesnt look cluttered.. fantastically wonderful..wow.

Anne P said...

Totally LOVE it. So fun and funky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...