Monday, 28 May 2012

Art Journalling

I have tried to experiment  a bit more frequently in my art journal (s) -I have several ranging from spiral-bound watercolour books, to altered 'mouldy oldies' thanks to the Salvo's, & I love it because it allows me to use up any excess art medium I have been playing with, eg paint, gel medium, making prints from stencils, and it is something I can do here & there during the course of the day as each little step only takes a few seconds. Then I allow it to dry, come back to it later on. Perfect.
Here are a few examples:
playing with paper bits on the background,, covered with a smeary layer of paint & alcohol ink

this highlights the acetate coloured with alcohol ink splodges then stamped and placed  on top of the page
also - I used the remnants of a serviette, glued down for texture - it had been used to dab up excess ink, not a child's mouth, lol!!

A lot more white space on this - again using scraps I had on my desk, splodges of distress stain, fountain pen  + India ink and one of the new stencils designed by Julie Belzer - lotus (LOVE these)

& let's not forget the texture paste with a Prima stencil, dimensional magic, stickles, graphite pencil, & lovely Tim Holtz stamps & tissue tape


I'm quite pleased with how this page turned out - very bold, with a message I have needed to hear a lot recently....and lots of touchy feely texture!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...