Sunday, 27 May 2012

creative biz ready to launch!!!!

I have come to the realisation over the last month or so that my NEED to make stuff and learn new techniques and experiment can be used to my advantage and I have decided to focus on creating opportunities for others to share what I know, teach classes for children and so forth. Seriously. Which means actually spending the time costing everything out, making samples, committing to doing this in a big way. Not easy when you have 3 kids, an work-from-home hubby and my work I have been doing with the business........
Thanks to my fab friends I see every Tues morning for coffee, this idea is becoming a reality and with their support, advice, laughter and belief in me, I am making it happen. Slowly. On my own terms.
I have also read a lot on this wonderful sight  Kind Over Matter  and have been making my way through the insightful e-book that  Amanda promotes on the whole creative- mom-preneur -juggling kids- family -and life stuff. I thoroughly recommend it.

I have committed to a launch demonstration/party for a group of kids where we will make a card & tag (eta - possibly several!!) and it will also be a chance to showcase some of my other ideas for running classes, and perhaps birthday parties. I  will be holding 2 holiday workshops in the first week of the school holidays & will post more about this here soon.

All very exciting times for me!!

But without further ado, here is some of my latest stuff:

A couple of scrapbook pages:


gotta love Instagram! I'm having a lot of fun with the effects but haven't got going with the community thing ....yet

messy messy! I love Distress Stains  - so quick & easy for an arty look that is not messy to clean up!!


little leaf things made of texture paste

more soon. Now off to make Sunday night dinner :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Belinda! All looks amazing!!! Wish I was a kid and around for a school holiday workshop.

Blessings on your work!

Amanda Bethell

Belinda Achatz said...

Hi Amanda - thankyou for your kind comments - lovely to hear from you. Would love to say Hi when you are next in Adelaide. Your backyard is becoming quite the social place for toddlers like Madeleine!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...