Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Colouring with Alcohol Inks

I was looking through the new-ish Tim Holtz book "Compendium of Curiousities II" a few weeks ago and was intrigued with his new palette that he uses to store the alcohol inks. I went to his website and saw a great video using the alcohol ink pen filled with blending solution to 'colour-in' stamped images with alcohol inks on vellum.

I am not much of a colouring-in stamper in the style of the Magnolia cutesy cutesy stamps - anything cutesy is NOT my style....just sayin...
but this style did look like fun......and thus I used a new B-Line Designs stamp and a seahorse stamp (?manufacturer) and made these cards after colouring in the images!
Bit of vintage - the vellum is mounted on some very old German biblical script I found  in one of my fave antique shops

I love the watery effect on the background of the vellum I also used some muslin/cheesecloth and stamped the seahorse on my kraft cardstock


I will definitely be usaing this teechnique because I liked the ethereal effect of the vellum & alcohol inks  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...