Thursday, 23 August 2012

CSI Challenge # 33

 I have only recently discovered this scrapbook challenge site and have been intrigued  - go here to have a look!csi: colorstoriesinspiration
A friend that I recently met irl, Belinda Spencer plays along and is currently a 'Special Investigator' throughout August  - her work is gorgeous!!

I finally got around to making a quick layout, for what its worth, for the current challenge over there, #33. It is an A4 layout, which I quite enjoy making when I don't have a lot of time!

The criteria for the challenge were to: : 
1. use the colours Maritime Red, Nautical Gray, Salty Sand , Beacon Blue, Deep Blue Sea - based on a photo of a lighthouse/beach scene
I used Distress inks over white cardstock, splattered with water, & used white crayon as a resist for the frame & title. The colours also featured in this oldy-but-a-goody Basic Grey 'Boxer' paper featured in the flags/bunting

For the 'evidence' I chose to use the liquid medium (water!!); glitter/sand-like - distress stickles;  triangles  - the flags/pennants; and nautical elements - well I used a sailors knot made from thick twine

For the 'testimony' I used journalling strips

Alexander looks so little here!!

Apologies for the awful photos - on a rainy overcast day the only way I could not use a flash was to stick them on a piece of shed in our yard which distorted the shape of the layout!
Thanks for looking.

I look forward to the next challenge over at CSI at the end of the week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...