Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Dragonfly Fabric Art & a sort-of Sunset!

For a long long time, I have been interested in fabric art/collage/mixed media using fabric. But it has been one of the few crafts I have procrastinted about actually doing - -having a go. I don't really know why. Maybe because I do NOT see myself as a quilter or a sewer, even though I love art quilts and sewn pieces. Maybe because my great-aunt Phoebe's trusty Bernina is not in an entirely accessible go-to place........

I am hoping to conquer this and be completely inspired by some books I have coming in the mail, including this one, Fabric Art Collage, reviewed recently at Julie Balzer's blog. It is without doubt that I will be inspired, but I will make a commitment to playing & having fun in the name of fabric & feeling brave enough to share here!

Follow Me on Pinterest



Here is a glimpse of one of my new-to-me techniques for using watercolour/dye-based ink and perfect pearls & stamping. Thanks to Jennifer McGuire for the original tutorial on her blog here
Watercolours would have to be one of my bring- me-instant-joy techniques. I LOVE that you can never predict what will happen with them - for me they are magic.
Combining them with embossed stamping to have great texture & it is bliss - I could make soooo many cards this way.

What about you - do you like playing with watercolours........or do you include fabric in your creations often?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...