Saturday, 11 August 2012

Freebie!!!! Butterfly Tags Canvas

Go here to get some gorgeous eye-candy for free!!! Handcrafted Inspiration magazine, published by one of my fave companies has released this & it is chock full of inspiration! I LOVE these publications, and given that most of these normally cost between $14 & $25, I LOVe the fact it is FREE! 

I also love the fact that a great Aussie artist, Louise Nelson has some work featured on pages 136.

I was also inspired to create some stencilled, messy tags similar to those of Dina Wakley, found on page 170.

work in progress via instagram



the finished tags mounted on a drippy inky canvas. I really enjoyed playing with gesso as a background & love the different effects that you get when you add ink  & stencils- the inks I used here were Adirondack colour wash in Stream (my all-time FAVE Adirondack colour!) and the Dylusions Ink spray in 'Cut Grass' a vibrant spring fresh green. For the background I also used Glimmer Mist in Vanilla & Sunflower. I think it is a little too brown & flat for my liking....I used my favourite Crafters Workshop stencils in 6" size - peacock feathers & lotus flower.

closeup showing my latest 'cheat' at machine stitching. I had some webbing type ribbon which I decided to cut into tiny strips and thought it kinda looked like messy stitching - but much quicker!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...