Monday, 17 September 2012

Flying Lessons!

I am so very excited that Kelly-Rae Roberts' course "Flying Lessons" has begun. WE have all been busy getting to know each other and chatting away on Facebook, but I am going to make myself think through the themes for week 1: Inspiration, PAssion, Commitment & Goals - yep - scary no-beating-around-the-bush serious stuff......
but before any of that I am stoked that there are 2 other people from South Aust participating, and others from as far spread as the US, CAnada, Great Britain, France, Switzerland and I am pretty sure also from Indonesia, Burma (!)

Some common themes I can relate to have emerged already from reading & joining in the conversation with other flyers:

FOCUS: - I love exploring new techniques and crafts - I have scrapbooked, made cards, mixed media, felting both wet & needle felting, jewellery making and a looong time ago crosstitch/sewing. I feel like I have become a Jack of all trades & a master of none.
I liken it to almost an ADD of creativity! I can never work on something long enough to really explore that particular method/medium, not because of boredom or frustration, but because something else catches my eye & my heart & I just have to have a go at it!
along with that comes FINISHING......to get to a point where I can use so many of my trial & error artwork & make it a finished product....

Other stuff I need to focus on for my goals & reasons I'm doing this course with prompts from Kelly-Rae below:
not over-thinking things - when I am creating, like many others I believe, I like my work the best when I have just gone ahead and put stuff on a page without thinking too much. The same can also apply about my critic
al voice - not giving it much of a say and quietening the voice that saya' you can't do that, it's not real work, it's'just that craft thing', you're not as good as.......blah blah...
even it can be appplied in terms of organising - I began feeding everypone's blogs into my reader when the roll call opened (took ages) & then there was a list on the fb group - easy!!!

Back soon with some photos of recent stuff i've made whilst my goals are brewing n my brain...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...